Discover… What every couple needs to know… What every woman has a right to know…
Women’s menstrual and fertility cycles have been shrouded in mystery since the beginning of time. Most women still do not know about the workings of their cycles of fertility and infertility. Every woman has the right to know how her cycles function in order to understand the way her body works.
With continuous research since 1976, the mysteries of the menstrual and fertility cycle have been unraveled through the Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System (CrMS) and the new women’s health science of NaProTechnology. Now, a woman can know her cycles and use this information for the maintenance of her health! Now, couples can use this knowledge to plan their family and build their future as a couple!
Biological Markers of Health and Fertility
The CrMS relies upon the standardized observations and charting of biological markers that are essential to understanding a woman’s health and fertility. These “biomarkers” tell the couple when they are naturally fertile and infertile, thus allowing the couple to use the system either to achieve or to avoid pregnancy. The biomarkers also identify abnormalities in a woman’s health. The CrMS is “an authentic language” that, with a few minutes of daily observations, provides a woman with incredible insight into the function of her body.
True System of Family Planning
As a system of family planning, the CrMS can be used to both achieve and avoid pregnancy. A large-use effectiveness study of the CrMS published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine revealed that this system has a method effectiveness (perfect use) of
99.5% and a use effectiveness (typical use) of
96.8% when used to avoid pregnancy. On the other hand, when used to achieve pregnancy in couples of normal fertility, the effectiveness is 76% in the first cycle of use and 98% by the sixth cycle.
What Couples Like about the CrMS
- Provides a system that mutually values, respects, and understands their combined fertility;
- Promotes shared responsibility,
- unlike contraceptives;
- Enhances their sexuality and promotes
- marital bonding;
- Strengthens marriages and families; views
- children as gifts; and
- Encourages involvement of men for support and in decision making.
NaProTechnology allows women to “unleash the power” that naturally exists within their cycle. This new science monitors and maintains a woman’s gynecologic and reproductive health.
NaProTechnology uses the CrMS to monitor various events and to telegraph abnormalities in the menstrual and fertility cycle. When the cycle functions abnormally, NaProTechnology identifies problems and treats them cooperatively with the cycle.
Women now have an opportunity to know and understand the causes of the symptoms from which they may suffer.
Real Solutions to Real Problems
- Menstrual cramps
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Ovarian cysts
- Irregular or abnormal bleeding
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Repetitive miscarriage
- Postpartum depression
- Prematurity prevention
- Hormonal abnormalities
- Chronic discharges
- Other health problems
Effectiveness of the CREIGHTON mODEL fertilityCare™ System and NaProTechnology*
- CrMS is 99.5% method effective (perfect use) and 96.8% use effective (typical use);
- Nearly 3 times more successful than IVF for assisting infertile couples and does not result in early abortions or frozen embryos;
- Multiple pregnancy rates are 10 times lower than that with artificial reproductive technologies;
- 95% success rate for treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS);
- 95% success rate for treating postpartum depression (PPD); and
- Prematurity rate has increased every year over last 25 – 30 years nationally. NaProTechnology Prematurity Prevention Program has cut the rate from 12.1% to 7%! Preterm birth is associated with increased mortality and neurological injury for the baby.
Learning the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCare™ System
A network of FertilityCare™ Centers delivers CrMS services. Learning the CrMS begins with an Introductory Session (general presentation in small-group or individual format) that explains scientific foundations, methodology, applications to various reproductive categories, and how to NaProTrack™ your cycles with the CrMS. This continues with a series of essential, individualized follow-up teaching appointments (personal instruction on use of the system and complete chart review). At each private follow-up, the FertilityCare™ Practitioner tailors the system to your specific needs. These sessions are recommended five times during the first three months of use and an additional three times over the remainder of a year. Subsequent follow-ups are recommended every six to twelve months as needed. Your professional FertilityCare™ Practitioner is also available for consultation between sessions should any questions arise.